The Breakspear School

  1. Archives
  2. The 1950s
  3. 1950
  4. The Violin Group

The Violin Group

Class teaching of the violin started soon after the War. The lessons were given by Mr Hullar Brown (left). This picture probably shows a Year 6 (4th Year Junior) class with their teacher, Mrs Scott, and the Headmaster, Mr Ward (right). It was taken in the hall (now the lower hall) before the building of the kitchen. The four team shields hang on the wall.